Friday, August 1, 2008

June 05, 2008

Ok so its been a while sense I updated. Sorry guys seem like I never get a break anymore.
Ok so Devin is back in the hospital for his 2nd round of chemo and he's doing awesome. That boy amazes me everyday. He never lets this stuff get him down. He adjust to whatever situation he is in and seems to make the best of it. The cancer has not changed him one bit, and I am loving that.
Ok so I go sent hom because I am sick, go figure. So my mom is there with him until he comes home or I get better. So I am just going to sit back, relax and hopefully feel better soon. But I miss my booger already.
The bone marrow Dr. came and talked to us yesterday about his future surgery. Well first let me tell you the plan of action
Friday June 13th ( yea fri the 13th) Bone Marrow Aspiration to check for improvement.
Monday June 16th We meet with the doctors to go over the improvement or if he's not improving. (but he will be so we don't even need to worry about that =] )
WHEN THEY SEE THERE IS improvement in the cancer in the bone marrow we go to surgery on Tuesday to have a line places in the vein in his neck and he has a stem cell harvest on the 17th. Then they freeze the stem cells for later use of a bone marrow transplant.
Then theres 3 more rounds of chemo ( approx. 1-2 months worth)
Then he flies to New York to Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital to have his tumor removed. The doctors here decided there is a surgeon there that is the best at removing this type of tumor. So I am happy we're going to the best.

Now just to give you all there coarse of action if it isn't improving (but again we don't have to worry about this)
If it shows some improvement but not exactly how much they want, they will go on with another round of chemo then check the bone marrow again. If there isn't much improvement at all, the doctors will then more then likely be sending Devin for a new treatment in New York at the Sloan Kettering Memorial ( some one whose doing the surgery). There they use a different type of treatment, but we'll get more into that if that time comes.

So right now I need everyone to pray that there is MAJOR

No comments: