Friday, August 1, 2008

May 20, 2008

I'M HOME!!! WOO HOOO!!
Ok but first I want to thank everyone that has helped my mommy and I in anyway. Big or small whether it be prayers to helping with the yard sales, it is all GREATLY appreciated! My mommy says she is so happy to see how many good people there still are int he world. She also tells me a lot of people asks about me and I am loved by many! So from my mommy and I THANK YOU!
So back to the medical stuff. When youe getting chemotherapy it kills not only the cancer cells but the good cells too, basically it can't tell the differance so it kills them all. So the doctors have to watch carefully that the cell levels don't go too low. Because if they do I can get really really sick because my body doesn't have anything to fight off an infection. What they mainly look at is what is called the ANC or Absolute Neutrophil Count. In a normal person is like 5 -10 thousand, in a chemo patient they like it over 500. Well friday mine was "0" I had not one neutrophil in my blood which basically means I have NO immune system at all so I can't be around anyone thats sick. Yesterday it went up to 34 which is still really low. Well today they took blood and it was at 2,796!!!! That means I have a lot of healthy cells back and I can go to whatever I want and not have to worry about being sick!!!!!

With this being said as long as my Dr. says its ok at my appointment on Friday I will be at the car wash, so make sure you are all there so I can spray you with the hose =)
So I have one more round of chemo which will be in probably 1 week or 2 and then they will do some tests to see if they have killed all the cancer in my bone marrow. If they did it will be a really good thing! This means my body will respond better to the chemo therapy because it will be making healthy white blood cells. So lets pray its gone from my bone marrow by then!!!!!!!! The next step will be to shrink the tumor a little more to go to surgery and have it removed. But that won't be for a few more months.
Ok but I will keep everyone updated on whats new!
Thanks again
devin and mommy

No comments: