Friday, August 1, 2008

June 24, 2008

Hey everyone. I woudl like to say thank you to everyone who has been writing Devin and leaveing all of the beautiful comments. I promise I am reading them all I just never seem to find the time to get back to anyone. But It makes us feel good to know you all are thinking and praying for Devin.

Devin is in the hospital until Friday ( as long as theres no complications) for his 3rd round of chemotherapy. This round is different medications than the last 2 so the side effects are going to be different. Last 2 rounds Devin didn't experiance any nausea or fatigue ar pretty much anything. But this round the doctors have warned me that very few children don't get sick with these medications. Also a very common side effect of the new medication is hearing loss, so they are monitoring his hearing very closely. He he starts to experience hearing loss they will need to adjust the dosage right away or Devin could easily become deaf.
I am praying that Devin stays himself through this round, the only thing keeping me sane is the fact that Devin doesn't "seem" sick. I mean I know inside he's a mess, but outside he is the same lil boy ( minus a little hair..lol..)

Well thank everyone for your prayers and please keep them coming

No comments: